Sunday, November 14, 2010

Celebrating my 100th blog

For 100 days in a row I have written this blog! Some days I've had to push myself to keep the daily blog habit, but most of the time it's been a pleasure to share my love of the outback. Over the years, we've lived and worked in 10 different places located throughout country Victoria and Tasmania, but never before have we experienced such a warm welcoming community as that of Mitchell and surrounds.

This outback community is rich in art, culture and a love of gardens, which may come as a surprise to many people from "away". Frogs, butterflies and flying foxes are here in abundance, due mainly to lack of pollution. At night, the large dome of outback sky is a blaze of stars -- no light pollution out here. Living in Mitchell has connected me to a strand of grassroots culture and mateship that I imagined to be a thing of the past. It is, however, alive and well in Mitchell.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th blog posting! I look forward to that milestone in my own blog. Although it will take quite a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete