Friday, November 12, 2010

Finishing a book, a bit of a letdown

After spending three years writing a book about our double life -- and pouring my heart and soul into it -- you'd think I'd be feeling happy. But I'm not! It's as if I've lost something precious, and I have in a way. So, today I've been sorting through piles of drafts and files of information, and doing a lot of throwing out. This is always a risky process, because what if I need what I've thrown out? But you can't keep everything.

Meanwhile, the flower buds of a eucalypt growing close to our house have begun to open and last night the flying foxes were there to drink of the nectar.

,

1 comment:

  1. You will just have to make a point of living your most exciting version of your life so that you have heaps of new material for your next book!

    ReplyDelete