Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A cold front means I'm indoors today


With most of the house and caravan sorted out I began today on two of my summer projects: learning to play the guitar, and drawing the plants native to this coastal area.
The plant I chose was a blueberry rush that has dainty blue flowers that transform into green and then blue berries. The guitar involved a preliminary fiddle and a realisation that I need someone to show me a few rudimentary principles. I have a learn to play the guitar book but somehow it doesn't connect with my brain! Doug's five fig trees are laden with fruit. One small tree has two enormous figs, saved from the mouths of brush tailed possums by Del who maintains a nightly patrol of the garden. Major sleeps indoors by our bed. Writing-wise. While my book about our Double Life is being edited, I'm going to do a revision of a book I wrote years ago about St Francis and his gift with animals -- and then I'll publish it as an e-book. Probably.

1 comment: