Friday, December 10, 2010

Gale force winds lash Phillip Island

After 10 days on the road, our washing machine is working hard while I dust, put away, iron, clean and rearrange our island home. Meanwhile, gale force winds lash the island -- yet our sea views are magnificent. Rabbit chasing is Major and Del's new sport, but I'm not too worried about the rabbits as they run faster than the dogs and have plenty of escape routes.

Our garden has survived well with grevilleas, blue agapanthus, proteas and red poppies in full bloom. Doug's lemon tree and 5 fig trees are thriving, likewise my olive; however, the apples, apricots and pears have no fruit this year. The succulents in pots on the front verandah have received sufficient rain to survive, but not to thrive. At present, Doug is busy with the lawnmower working his way through thick green grass that is too long to cut easily. It's been an incredibly wet year. I haven't been outside today because if I did, I'd end up with angina. This is frustrating as I'd love to walk to the beach with the dogs. I have to be patient though, and realise this weather will not last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment