Monday, September 13, 2010

Humane horse transport between Brisbane and Mt Isa

While exercising Major at the Mitchell Showgrounds (where I can let him run off lead), I noticed a large horse transport parked alongside the horse yards. With Major back on the lead I wandered over to say, "G'day," to the bloke feeding and watering the horses. Seven thoroughbreds, nine stock horses, a stallion and a miniature Shetland pony were in transit between Brisbane and Mt Isa and clearly appreciated this overnight rest stop in Mitchell.
With the sun setting golden in the western sky and the temperature a balmy 25°C, I felt a rush of pleasure that these horses were being transported with such respect and care. A pair of galahs screeched overhead as I said farewell and continued my walk home along the river. A hush fell over me. All was calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment