Thursday, September 23, 2010

My first e-book published today

Thanks to Qld Writers Centre I had my first e-book published today through the online publisher Smashwords. It was the monthly magazine of the Qld Writers Centre that gave me up-to-date info. on the latest digital technologies and how to tap into them. The fact that Doug and I (both of us find computer technology difficult) managed to create a digital book cover, convert my 16,500 word manuscript into the correct e-book format, and follow the online instructions is a credit to Tony our Mitchell computer expert, and the Smashword's guidelines. Inspired by my friend Janet Watt's dream and located on an island, Tsunami is an adventure story with strong animal and environmental themes. Writing is what I love to do, so please share this story among friends and family with children aged eight plus. 50 per cent is free, and for $4. 95 US you can read the rest. My main wish is that children -- the world over -- enjoy the story. Here's the link to my Smashwords author profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/outbackwriter
Here's the link to my book page, where you can sample or purchase the book: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/24986

No comments:

Post a Comment