Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mitchell Hospital: one of the very best

The last two weeks are ones I'd prefer to forget; however, they did occur.  A bowel 'shut-down' and associated back injury meant that I was in a lot of pain and was unable to do almost everything-- including this blog.


The five days I spent as a patient at the Mitchell Hospital left me feeling tremendously grateful that we have such an excellent hospital here in outback Queensland.  The care I received was given in an efficient and friendly manner.  It was lovely to know so many of the staff as friends and neighbours.


The love and support I received from Doug and our friends gave me a warm, humble feel. With the hospital only three minutes (by car) from home, it was easy for Doug to make short, frequent visits as he organised tradespeople and made improvements to our 'new' home. 


Doug's ramp is nearly complete; the new concrete has been laid; and Steve has done a wonderful job building a large wardrobe with lots of hanging space, shelving and baskets.  All that remains to be done is the fitting of sliding doors; installing two more sets of baskets; adding a matching bench top for the new set of kitchen drawers; and a general clean up.


We hope to move from the caravan to the house within the next week. At this point in time I can't imagine how I'll find the energy and stamina for the move, but every day I AM improving -- at a frustratingly slow rate though.


P.S.
I'd like to thank all my blogging and Facebook friends who've expressed their concern and good wishes to me.  It's yet another layer of friendship that I value.


No comments:

Post a Comment