Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Out on the town!



A shopping day in Wonthaggi and Leongatha (mainland, Gippsland) provided almost everything we needed to equip our 'new' second-hand caravan. The colours I chose were blues and fawns. Although I'm pleased with our purchases I feel a bit uneasy about the fact that almost all of the 'stuff' we bought comes from China.

While off the island, we also took the opportunity to have our eyes tested, with good results.

Driving back over the bridge and on to the island is always a good feel. Home at dusk, just like the mutton birds. Us to our home alongside the rookery; the mutton birds, home to their burrow where a hungry chick awaits their parents' return.

Perched on a chair on our front verandah, I found a bunch of beautiful flowers, a gift from our very thoughtful friend. Janet. I'm sure you'll agree, there's something very special about a gift of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment