Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dog people are a breed apart, in the eyes of a 14 year old


"People who don't have dogs have limited emotional capacity." This statement burst from the lips of a 14-year-old girl I met on our track to the beach. The point of introduction was the meeting of her three golden retrievers and our two German shepherds, where wagging tails and huffing and puffing punctuated the conversation that flowed freely between us and the family that included the girl.


What caused her to come out with such a profound statement I'll never know. What I do know, however, is that dogs live in a heightened sensory world that is far superior to that of humans. I also know that dogs give me companionship, pleasure and a feeling of deep emotional connection.


It's pure and simple: I couldn't live without dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment