Saturday, September 10, 2011

Appearing bottomless: a waterhole in the Maranoa



Instead of my usual walk along the Maranoa River with Major, I now drive a short distance to the Mitchell Showgrounds and walk my shepherd three times around the circuit, with lots of commands, clicks and food rewards. He's improving!

After 30 minutes of obedience training we go to the river -- and there I sit and dream. The waterhole below where I sit appears bottomless and is the home of three large fish. I'm still unsure if they are carp, yellowbellies or cod. I tried asking one of my blogging students from Mitchell State School but couldn't get a definitive answer.

Tonight it was after sunset while I sat. An almost full moon reflected its sphere deep, deep down in the waterhole. It was magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment