Saturday, January 14, 2012

Writing, botanical art and guitar: New Year's resolution




For the past year I've been playing around with teaching myself to play the guitar (notes, not chords), and drawing plants using water colour pencils and paint.

Now, instead of 'playing around' I've decided to get more serious -- on both levels. With the guitar, I've moved on to simple classical pieces; and with botanical art, I've purchased better quality paper and paint and will begin again, my study of plants growing here on the island and also in Mitchell, when we move there in April.

Along with my writing, it's a lot to fit into a day; however, because each activity uses a different part of my brain I feel more rounded in myself.

PS>
From the photos, you'll see I have lots to learn! Tomorrow I'll begin using better quality paper. Apologies for one of the photos being wrong way up but I can't work out how to fix it. It's OK on my photo card.

No comments:

Post a Comment