Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sea mist over Wonthaggi desal plant and turbines


An inherited eye condition makes it necessary for me to wear contact lenses and have my eyes checked regularly. I blame my grandfather! On the other hand, I inherited my grandfather's love of animals and curiosity regarding all things natural, and for me, this is one of life's greatest pleasures.



Today's peripheral vision and contact lens check with Malcolm Gin, in Wonthaggi, resulted in the decision to have my lenses sent away to be polished. Consequently, I travelled between Wonthaggi and Phillip Island without my lenses, and seeing very poorly. It's times like these that I appreciate the improved vision I have with contact lenses and the expert care I receive with Malcolm Gin. Eyesight is such a precious sense and one that we tend to take for granted.


The desal plant was a blur; the wind turbines were a blur, but it didn't matter because Doug was the driver. I spent my childhood pretending I could see when I couldn't because I didn't want to wear glasses. It was only when I decided I wanted to get my driver's license and own a car that I had my eyes fully assessed and found that contact lenses were the solution.

Back home on the island, and wearing a spare set of contact lenses, I looked at the long distance photo Doug took of Wonthaggi, the desal plant and wind turbines. I noticed that a sea mist had made the photo look almost as blurry as it appeared to me when I was without my contact lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment