Saturday, October 29, 2011

Family fun on the Maranoa River: Mitchell outback Qld



Mitchell's Maranoa River is a magnet for all those who love fishing, photography, walking, painting, picnics and barbecues -- and yabbying.

This river -- the fastest flowing river in Queensland -- loops its way around the town of Mitchell. Consequently, the river is within easy walking distance of most people's homes. Kids often use their bikes to ride to the river, armed with fishing rods and tackle.

As far as I'm concerned, living alongside the Maranoa River is exactly where I want to be. I love watching the river in all its moods, I love the river red gums and the complex ecosystem in and around these magnificent trees.

The colours sing inside my head: blue sky overhead, with white trunked gums dropping their reflections onto the mirror surface of the river.




No comments:

Post a Comment