Monday, August 15, 2011

365 days of blogging-- a celebration!



When I began this blog, 365 days ago, I wondered if I'd run out of things to say. On the contrary, there always seems plenty to write about.

Admittedly, there are days when I wish I didn't have to do it, when I find myself thinking, I haven't anything to write about. But then something jumps into my mind and off I go.

What I love about blogging is that it forces me to focus -- every day -- on something positive.

Encouraged by friends to include photos (which I considered too difficult, at first) I began using my digital camera. Now I take it everywhere and I have developed a true love of photography. Blogging means my photos have purpose.

My grandfather was a keen photographer and took lots of photos of me and my four brothers growing up in Melbourne, and then sent them to my father's parents who lived in Brisbane. Now, as I observe unusual light and colour effects, and attempt to capture them on my camera, I think of my grandfather and realise I have much in common with him. Grandpa adored dogs, frogs, the moon and Nature in all her infinite beauty.

Sharing my thoughts and photographic images with friends all over the world is a privilege, and so I celebrate this 365 day milestone with you, my loyal readers.

PS
Of course, I need to include my friend Major who shares most of my adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment