Monday, June 27, 2011

Reflections: on life and in the Maranoa River



It's five years since we began our double life. The Phillip Island part of our year explores territory familiar to us, whereas the outback part is new.

As I reflect on our life in Mitchell, Queensland, I come to the realisation that in the outback anything and everything is possible. I'm learning to play the guitar and the marimba; I'm having a go at sketching native plants; and photography is a new interest.

Doug has enough space for an ever-expanding shed complex (to house his old motorcycles and cars), a large vegetable garden and plenty of space to grow trees. Our two German shepherds have three-quarters of an acre in which to run and play.

Every day I walk along the river amongst river red gums. We are fortunate to have friendly neighbours, and lots of good friends with wide ranging interests.

Out here in the middle of nowhere, life is rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment