Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Siamese cat and voice recognition helps write my blog


Every evening, Katie, my 13 1/2 year old Siamese cat insists on helping me write my blog.

If I don't wheel her bed over to a position alongside my chair she wails loudly. But once settled, she sleeps quietly beside me for the duration of my time at the computer.

Katie is a great companion, extremely loving and still quite playful. I adore her!

And yes, I use voice recognition technology (Dragon Naturally Speaking) and find it excellent. It's magic -- I talk and the words appear on the screen!

Admittedly there are mistakes that need to be corrected, but mostly it's fairly accurate. I changed from typing to using voice technology because of a wrist problem. With the newer versions, background noises don't interfere with my voice. The only problems arise when my voice changes, as it has today because of the cold virus I am currently suffering. Even so, it's remarkably good.

No comments:

Post a Comment